'The school offers a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of pupils well....'
This year, the government will continue to give a large sum of money to primary schools in order to improve upon the quality of PE provision.
It is important that all children are offered a high quality physical education and school sport experience.
In spending this money, we have been focused on ensuring we continue to select resources and equipment that are sustainable.
In spending the money the Governing Body aims for:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.